India Visa Information
Indian Visa Guidelines
Visa is an important document to travel in India. A visa for India is issued on the purpose of your visit to India. It is mandatory to have this travel document with yourself always. In case you are found without a visa, you will be detained and deported back to your country. There are many major types of visas for India for travelers. Go through these Indian visa guidelines to get a general idea about getting a visa for yourself for traveling to India.
- You need to have a passport that is valid for atleast six months from date of departure. Also, you would be required to submit two or three latest photographs of yours while filling the visa application.
- The visa is usually valid for six months, though it may also depend on the rules of your resident country.
- You may apply for a collective visa if you are traveling in a group of not less than 4 people and are being dealt by a recognized travel agency.
- The visa fees are usually non-refundable and may change without prior notice. Contact your embassy for further details.
Types of Visas – India
- Tourist Visa – In case you are touring India.
- Student Visa – Given to students coming to India for studies.
- Employment Visa – Given to professionals coming to work in India.
- Transit Visa – For passengers who have to go through India to some other destination.
- Missionary Visa – For those who have to India as missionaries.
- Business Visa – Issued to those who have come to India on business purpose.
- Journalist Visa – Issued to journalists and photographers who come for professional purpose.
- Research Visa – Issued for professionals who for research work.limate of India