Holy Mt. Kailash – Mansarovar Yatra
Holy Mt. Kailash – Mansarovar Yatra, kailash manasrovar tour
A journey to the heavens …..where?
this is to Holy Mt. Kailash and Mansarovar Tibet in your life time..
Since 1999 we have been taking people to Kailash mansarovar so we are the experts .. come and do this pligrimage of a life time with us
This Holy Mt. Kailash and Mansarovar Yatra tour is designed to all the pious pilgrims (Yatris) who cross oceans and continents in order to have a glimpse of the abode of Lord Shiva…
Holy Mount Kailash – Mansarover is one of the most popular ultimate Hindu pilgrimage sites in Himalayan region dedicated to Lord Shiva where every devotee wants to go. Mount Kailash, which is believed to have been formed 30 million years ago when Himalayas were in their early stage of formation, is one of the most revered places in the Himalayas.
Mansarovar and Mt. Kailash are two of the holiest pilgrimage areas to devotees of Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism, Bonism and many other faiths. Each year thousands of devotees undertake the treacherous and rigorous journey through the mountains and plains of Nepal and China ( Tibet) to reach this sacred land.
Mt. Kailash, 6,740 mtr. high peak is situated to the north of the Himalayan barrier, wholly within Tibet. It is the perfect mountain with awesome beauty, with four great faces. It is the spiritual centre for four great religions: Tibetan Buddhism, Hinduism, the Jain religion and the pre-Buddhist animistic religion – Bonpo. For the Hindus Mount Kailash is the earthly manifestation of Mt. Meru, their spiritual centre of the universe, described as a fantastic ‘world pillar’ 84,000 miles high, around which all else revolves, its roots in the lowest hell and its summit kissing the heavens. On the top live their most revered God, Shiva ( Paramashiva, Kailashapati, MahaRudra), and his consort Parvati. For the Jains, an Indian religious group, Kailash is the site where their first prophet achieved enlightenment. For the older, more ancient religion of Bon, it is the site where its founder Shanrab is said to have descended from heaven.
Spread out on the Tibetan plateau beside Mount Kailash is the giant lake of shifting colors – Lake Mansarovar. Brahma, the creator, had a mind (Man) for the creation of a lake (Sarovar), hence its name Mansarovar. A pilgrimage to Mount Kailash and a bath in the Mansarovar is believed to bring about salvation (Moksha) and washed away all the sins of life. Over the centuries pilgrims have constantly journeyed immense distances to achieve enlightenment or cleanse themselves of sin, braving enormous distances, particularly harsh weather and bandit attacks. People have been visiting Kailash – Mansarovar for centuries. It used to be very hard journey in the past; today we (Earthbound Expeditions) can bring you there with help of Landcrusiors via Kathmandu. So it is lot easy to reach to the heaven now!
This Kailash mansarovar yatra, an adventure travel begins with the drive across the Himalaya west into Tibet to Holy Lake Mansarovar. Here you will join the throngs of pilgrims who, for centuries, have converged on this remote southwestern corner of Tibet to circumambulate the sacred mountain, considered to be the center of the universe by Hindus and Buddhist alike. Kailash enjoys great popularity the folk religion of Tibet – it is the soul of the country and assures protection for all Tibetans. The fountain head of four great Asian rivers ( Indus, Sutlej, Bramhaputra and Karnali), few mountain reveals Kailash for its mystique, isolation and prominence, for 3 days you will walk with pilgrims around this almost perfectly symmetrical mountain before the trek back into Nepal. Your trek / tour pioneered by Earthbound Expeditions takes you into northern riches of the country where only few trekkers have walked these trials, unchanged over the ages. The encounter with the herders, pilgrims and the local people will be lively and make for precious memory. It is an experience of a lifetime…!
14 / 15 days Kailash mansarovar tour - Yatra
4 days in Kathmandu, Pashupatinath and other world heritage sights
10 days in Tibet, reach to Kailash - Mansarovar by jeep and back.
Since 1999 we have been taking people to Kailash mansarovar so we are the experts
Trip Details & Facts
Holy Mt. Kailash - Mansarovar tour ( Yatra) - a journey to the heavens…
"As the dew is dried up by the morning Sun so are the sins of human beings by the sight of Himalaya, Holy Mt. Kailash - Skanda Purana (Hindu Ritual Text Book) - 6th Centrury BC
Holy Mt. Kailash :
- Held most scarad by the devotees of Lord shiva. This is considered as the seat of Maharudra.
- The Lord's mountain appear majestic with the surrounding of many smaller cliffs resembling the attendent divines of the Lord.
- The Lord is worshiped by the Buddhists and Jains also.
- Gaurikund, the Thirtha on the parikrama route is one of the ponds at the tallest place (19000+ feet over sea level) in the world.
- Kailash is also known as the "Sumeru Parvat"- centre of the universe.
"We do not Experiment, We Excel with Experience" :
We have leaders that have been to Kailash mansarover over 10 times, the trip planner Mr. Rajan have been to Kailash over 16 times in last 12 years, please hear from our clients who have been to Kailash - mansarover Yatra with us and know how much they enjoyed it with us.
Mount Kailash - The abode of Lord Shiva and goddess Parvati : Mt. Kailash is claimed to be the apex of the Hindu religious axis, is also one of the holist mountains in Tibet. Lord Shiva resides in Kailash among the peaceful Himalayas. A mythological story says that Lord Shiva once built a house for himself but gave it away to a devotee who asked for it. Thus without changing his residence he settled in the mountain of Kailash.
This is his abode where he stays with his whole family including his wife Goddess Parvati and children Lord Ganesha and Lord Kartikiya and the other Shiv Ganas (group of Shiva Devotees) like Nandi and others. According to ancient religious texts, the abode of Lord Vishnu is called Vaikuntha, the abode of Lord Bhrama is called Bhramaloka and the abode of Lord Shiva is called Kailash. Of the three, one can only go bodily and return in this life from Kailash having experienced divinity. The Hindus, buddhist and Jains all alike travel to this place as pilgrims. A journey to Kailash mansarovar is considered as once in a lifetime achievement.
- Day 01: Welcome to Nepal
- Day 02: Half day Sightseeing
- Day 03: From Katmandu to Dhulikhel
- Day 04: From Katmandu to Naylam
- Day 05: A day for rest to facilitate altitude acclimatization
- Day 06: Drive to New Dongba (290 kms.)
- Day 07: Drive to Lake Manasarovar
- Day 08: The experience of being in the abode of God -
- Day 09: Drive to Darchen
- Day 10: Kailash Kora (Parikrama) start,
- Day 11: Trek to beautiful valley after crossing the Dolma la Pass (5600 mtrs).
- Day 12: Trek to Darchen , Kailash Kora ends today .
- Day 13: Drive to Naylam.
- Day 14: Stay in Kathmandu,
- Day 15: Departure
Day 01: Welcome to Nepal
Arrive Kathmandu, We will come to receive you at the Airport. Check into star Hotel. (1300mt) - rest day
Day 02: Half day Sightseeing
(Pashupatinath Tample, BouddhaNath and Shyambhunath Stupa) and preparation for the trek, we pick up Tibet visa this day ( Monday, Wednesday, Friday). Overnight at hotel. B, D
Day 03: From Katmandu to Dhulikhel
Free Morning for last minute packing and after lunch drive to Dhulikhel for overnight stay. B, L, D.
Day 04: From Katmandu to Naylam
Depart at 6.00 am from our Hotel and drive through the Nepal - Tibet border along the famous Araniko Highway. Lunch at Kodari. After immigration and customs formalities on both sides ( Kodari and Zhangmu) we drive to the small town of Naylam. Please note that the guest-houses in Tibet will be of a very basic and dormitory style. (3700mt). B, L, D
Day 05: A day for rest to facilitate altitude acclimatization
Can do some hiking around. All meals and overnight stay at the same lodge / camp. (3700mt). B, L, D
Day 06: Drive to New Dongba (290 kms.)
We start after breakfast, enjoying the grand view of Mt.Shishapangma(8021m), Gauri shanker and other high mountains from Lalug la (5050mt.) Pass. Packed lunch will be served at sacred lake Pigutso O/ N camp / lodge in Saga.. B, L, D (4500mt)
Day 07: Drive to Lake Manasarovar
The auspicious day for all travelers having first glimpse of the Holy Manas and Darshan of Mt.Kailash from The Horr Chu pass .Camp for night on the shores of lake Manasarovar or stay at guest house. B, L, D (4660mt)
Day 08: The experience of being in the abode of God -
A life-time achievement: Puja, Havana-worship, meditation, holy dip, Tarpan. A ritual Bath at Mansarovar is considered to attain Moksha and a drink of its water relinquishes the sins of lifetime. B, L, D.
Day 09: Drive to Darchen
Drive to Darchen. Preparation day for Kailash Kora (Parikrama). Overnight in very basic guest house. Can take a hike to Gyangtak Gompa B, L, D (4660mt)
Day 10: Kailash Kora (Parikrama) start,
Trek to Dairaphuk Gompa. Enjoy the close up view of north face of holy Mt. Kailash from the camp. B, L, D (4650mt)
Day 11: Trek to beautiful valley after crossing the Dolma la Pass (5600 mtrs).
Camp near Medecine Buddha mountain - Zuthulphuk B, L, D.
While proceeding downwards from Dolma Pass, a steep descent to Gouri Kund at 5608 m, also called the Lake of compassion as referred to in the shiva Purana this is the setting for the legend of Parvati and how Ganesh acquired his elephant head bathing in the emerald waters of the kund. (4900mt)
Day 12: Trek to Darchen , Kailash Kora ends today .
We can visit Zuthulphuk Gompa, and drive to Horr Chu, Stay over night camping, collect holy water of Lake Mansarovar to bring back to home. B, L, D (4690mt)
Day 13: Drive to Naylam.
On the way we will see the beautiful Pigutso lake, enjoy good view of Himalayan range including Shisapangama. Overnight stay in Guest house B, L, D - Road conditions have improved .
Day 14: Stay in Kathmandu,
Stay in Kathmandu, can join cultural show and dinner . B, D
Day 15: Departure
Departure or free day. Namaste! B
What is included
- All the airport pick up and drope service in Kathmandu
- 3 / 4 / 5 star hotel accomodation in Kathmandu ( depends on which package you choose)
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing with guide and entrance permits.
- Tibet Visa and permit.
- Hotel in Tibet from day 03 - 13 on twin sharing and tented camp / or simple hotels
- Tents, sleeping mats and camping gears.
- Kitchen, toilet , dinning and bathing tent . (We normally provide twin sharing tent. If you would like to have single please let us know in advance.)
- All the meals from day 01 till day 14. ( veg. meals.)
- All entrance fees in Tibet with sightseeing.
- All the staffs with their insurance (Cook, kitchen boy, helping sherpa and one Nepali and one Tibetan guide)
- Necessary yaks on trek around Kailash for luggage, equipment and supplies (not for riding)
- Transportation by four wheel drive Land cruiser of latest model ( 4 person in each jeep), truck for luggage and equipments.
- Gambo bag ( high altitude chamber), Oxygen bag
What is not included
- Meals in Kathmandu and in Tibet ( Lhasa, Gyntse, Xigatse if you travel further).
- Bar bills (soda pop, beer, water etc) and other personal expenses.
- Nepal re-entry visa ( Only for NRIs & European, Americans
- Emergency rescue charges if necessary.
- Tips and gratitude to staff
- Photography charges where ever applicable in Tibet
- Any other Expenses which are not mentioned to your left.
- Riding yaks and porter during the Kailash kora ( Parikrama)
- ESTIMATE FOR ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES :
- -Horse for personal ride on kora days is approx INR 18000.00
- -Extra ride for day trip to Astapad INR 1900.00 per person
- -Extra day in Kathmandu INR 1900.00 for Indian and 47.00$ for others with 2 meals and 3 Star accommodations.
- -INR 2700.00 per person ( min 2 person) for Manakamana day trip including both way cable car tickets and transportation.
- -Muktinath darshan trip INR 25700.00 per person including two nights in Pokhara, one night Jomsom round trip flight with meal, transport.