Chomolhari and Lingshi Trekking
Hiking and trekking in Bhutan is a unique experience unlike many of the more crowded treks offered in Asian Himalaya. The variety of treks range from a simple 3 day Druk Path trek from the district of Thimpu to Paro to the 25 day legendry snow man’s trek that takes veteran trekkers through some of the most exquisite sports in the country. Almost all the treks in Bhutan offer a combination of Natural discovery and an insight into the country’s delicate and unique daily life. One of them is the Chomolhari trek where trekkers go to the base camp of Mt. Johomolhari. Bhutan’s most deeply venerated peak on the boarder of Bhutan and the Tibetan region of China. Trekkers often come back with a sense of the majesty of high altitudes where life ticks to a different time.
Chomolhari or called Jhomolhari trek of Bhutan start at Drukgyel Dzong Paro, this trek passes through scattered hamlets and farmland into a deep and richly forested valley, which leads to a high alpine pastureland where yak herders graze their animals. The trek offers a taste of the great variety of Bhutanese landscape.
Season to travel or trekking in Bhutan : The ideal time for this chomolhari bhutan trek is April to June and September to November.
The Bhutan Jhomolhari trekking can be also combined with Darjeeling and Sikkim tour, or Rajesthan region tour of India like Taj Mahal, Jaipur, Delhi. Can also be combined with Nepal trek or Tibet ( Lhasa) tour.
17 days Jhomolhari and Lingshi Trekking Bhutan.
Mt. Chomolhari the most sacred mountain in Bhutan, which houses the female Goddess and towers at a height of 23,997'.
12 days Bhutan trek, stunning views of Himalaya
4 days in Kathmandu valley - sightseeing of world heritage sites, Nepal
Trip Details & Facts
Trek to the base camp of the most beautiful and highest mountains of Bhutan Chomolhari. We trek for fresh air and lonely paths through Jungle and village of Bhutan.
Single Suppliment USD 367
- Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu, Nepal,
- Day 02-03: Full day sightseeing in Katmandu Valley
- Day 04: Fly to Paro Bhutan
- Day 05: Sightseeing of Paro and Excursion to Taktsang
- Day 06 - 08: Trekking to Jangothang
- Day 09: Excursion around Jongothang
- Day 10: Trek to Lingshi Overnight at Camp
- Day 11 - 14: Trek to Dodena and drive to Thimphu
- Day 15: Sightseeing of Thimphu
- Day 16: Fly to Kathmandu
- Day 17: Fly to your ownward destination
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu, Nepal,
Arrival Kathmandu, Nepal, we will come to receive you at the airport. Check into a 3 star Hotel and rest.
Day 02-03: Full day sightseeing in Katmandu Valley
Full day sightseeing in Katmandu Valley, the world heritage sights and Nagarkot excursions
Day 04: Fly to Paro Bhutan
Fly to Paro Bhutan Overnight at Hotel.
Day 05: Sightseeing of Paro and Excursion to Taktsang
Sightseeing of Paro and Excursion to Taktsang monastery Bhutan, overnight at Hotel.
Day 06 - 08: Trekking to Jangothang
Trekking to Jangothang (base camp of Mt. Chomolhari) Overnights at tented Camp
Day 09: Excursion around Jongothang
Excursion around Jongothang Overnight at Camp
Day 10: Trek to Lingshi Overnight at Camp
Trek to Lingshi Overnight at Camp
Day 11 - 14: Trek to Dodena and drive to Thimphu
Trek to Dodena and drive to Thimphu Overnight at Hotel.
Day 15: Sightseeing of Thimphu
Sightseeing of Thimphu, later drive to Paro Overnight at Hotel.
Day 16: Fly to Kathmandu
Fly to Kathmandu, stay in Kathmandu, evening Cultural show and dinner .
Day 17: Fly to your ownward destination
Fly to your ownward destination
(have option to fly to Bangkok, Culcutta, Delhi) also.
What is included
- All accommodation in 3 star hotels in cities
- All Ground transportation
- Kathmandu sightseeing with city tour guide
- Full board meal during the trekking
- Govt. trained guide and necessary no. of porters with their insurance, salary and meals
- One cultural show and dinner
- All Domestic Flight according to Itinerary
- Sleeping bag and Down jacket for trek
What is not included
- International Flight
- Major meals in Cities
- Monuments entrance fees
- All personal expenses such as bar bills, beverage, snacks etc.
- Airport tax
- Extra shower, battery re-charge, laundry charge etc.
- Personal clothing and gears
- Tips to guide and porter
- Cost raised by cancelation, landslide, weather, political unrest, illness which are not under our control.