Annapurna Basecamp Trek
Nepal’s marvelous trek, hike and walk holidays in Annapurna Base Camp
Annapurna Base Camp Trek (ABC) also known as “Annapurna Sanctuary” is a trek path in a hidden alpine amphitheater overshadowed by surrounding ice bound giants of 21,000 ft.
Annapurna Base Camp trek leads to a natural amphitheater that is used as the base camp from which climbers start on their way to conquer the Annapurna Mountain top at 8091 meters above the sea level and the Annapurna Base Camp’s altitude is 4130 meters.
The trek starts from the Lake City of Pokhara – Nepal and wings through lush subtropical forests and traditional farming villages. Every ridge yields a Himalayan panorama with Annapurna in the south, Fishtail and Himchuli soaring above.
A trek of the narrow Modikhola valley will bring you to the base of Machhapuchhre (Fishtail) and into the Annapurna sanctuary. Here you will spend (2) two remarkable days gazing at the snow covered peaks above you and the beauty of the landscapes around you. Once you position yourself on the Annapurna Sanctuary the 360-degree views are breathtaking.
The Annapurna Sanctuary is a high glacial basin surrounded by eleven of Nepal’s major peaks and is accessed by a deep gorge that carves through this mountain fortress.
It is referred to as the Annapurna “Sanctuary” because of the divine presence of the Hindu goddesses – Annapurna and Gangapurna.
Following a traditional route of the Tibetan traders we will trek for 5 to 7 hours on a daily basis, passing terraced fields and bamboo forests, remote villages and into the ice-bound heart of the vast mountainous amphitheater of the Annapurna Base Camp.
11 days moderate Annapurna base camp trekking.
Stunning close up views of Annapurna and Fishtail mountain as we reach to the base camp
4 days in Kathmandu, sightseeing of world heritage sites
Trip Details & Facts
Annapurna base camp ( ABC) trek is a classic trek into the heart of the impressive Annapurna Himalayas with unsurpassed views surrounded by enormous glaciers, along with an exceptional culture experience into the modern hill life of west Nepal. Even in a country whose horizons overflow with crystalline Himalayan ranges, trekkers consider the intense beauty of the Annapurna Sanctuary with a unique reverence.
- Day 01: You arrive in Kathmandu
- Day 02: Go sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley
- Day 03: Drive to Pokhara via tourist bus
- Day 04-13: We will be on a lodge - to - lodge Annapurna Base Camp trek.
- Day 14: From Pokhara we will drive back to Kathmandu
- Day 15: Final Departure, transfer to airport.
Day 01: You arrive in Kathmandu
You arrive in Kathmandu and check into a hotel. You can unwind for the rest of the day.
Day 02: Go sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley
Go sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley and check out the UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Day 03: Drive to Pokhara via tourist bus
Drive to Pokhara via tourist bus which is your starting point of the trek ahead and once you reach Pokhara you can go sightseeing around the Lake side.
Day 04-13: We will be on a lodge - to - lodge Annapurna Base Camp trek.
The trek route follows: Pokhara - Ghorepani Poon hill - Tatopani- Chomorong- Bamboo - Dovam - Deurali - Annapurna Base Camp and back to Pokhara via Dhampus.
Day 14: From Pokhara we will drive back to Kathmandu
From Pokhara we will drive back to Kathmandu via a tourist bus and later in the evening you will join us for a Nepali cultural show and dinner.
Day 15: Final Departure, transfer to airport.
This is a goodbye. We hope to see you time and again.
Thank you for choosing Earthbound Expeditions Nepal as your travel guide. Have a safe flight.
What is included
1. Accommodation in a (3) three starred hotels in the cities but for the duration of the trek only effortless lodges are available.
2. Ground transportation provided.
3. Sightseeing in Kathmandu where Earthbound Expeditions Nepal, city tour guide will accompany you.
4. Full broad meals will be provided throughout the trek to Everest Base Camp - 17 breakfasts, 14 lunches and 15 dinners.
5. Government trained guides and needed no. of porters with their insurance, salary and meals will be provided.
6. Farewell dinner along with one cultural show.
7. Every single entry fees and TIMS permit will be provided.
8. Every single Domestic Flights will be booked according to the Itinerary listed.
9. Sleeping bags and down jackets for trek will be provided.
10. Car / Bus / Domestic Flights included.
What is not included
1. International Flight tickets.
2. Museums entrance fees.
3. All personal expenses such as bar bills, beverage, snacks etc.
4. Airport tax.
5. Extra shower, battery re-charge, laundry charge etc.
6. Personal clothing and gears.
7. Tips to guide and porter.
8. Cost raised by cancelation, landslide, weather, political unrest, illness will not be our responsibility since these factors are not within our grasp